Terms & Conditions
The New Age Group Service Policy terms and conditions provided here are for informational purposes only and are meant for registered New Age Group Resellers and for consumers who have purchased from a New Age Group Reseller.
New Age Group shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
All products purchased through New Age Group, are covered by the individual manufacturer’s warranty. These are standard warranties and as such are forwarded and provided by New Age Group. New Age Group will not be held responsible for any other or extra warranty provided through other places of purchase or extension of warranties provided by the manufacturer obtained other than from New Age Group.
If end consumers require technical support or exchange, the consumer must first seek assistance from the place of purchase. New Age Group does not provide support directly to the consumer unless the consumer is not able to receive any assistance or support from the place of purchase. In this case if New Age Group is able to assist, the consumer must provide their original proof of purchase for any warranty to be carried out for repair or exchange only. In the event that the consumer would like to have an item credited, this must be done through the place that the unit was originally purchased by the consumer. Where possible please contact the place of purchase directly for any warranty service.
Below you will find New Age Group standard terms and conditions with regards to warranties and products.
1. These conditions apply to any component, peripheral, consumer electronic product or solution that is purchased from New Age Group and is returned for repair, replacement/exchange or credit.
2. New Age Group’s warranty is a carry in warranty, unless otherwise specified, where it would be the responsibility of the person or persons that purchased said products from New Age Group, to have said products returned to New Age Group.
3. All defective goods returned to New Age Group will be thoroughly tested by our own in-house technicians to verify the fault on the item, if any.
4. Products have either a 12 month, 24 month, 36 month or longer warranty (varying by product and manufacturer) from date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
5. The warranty of any and all products and/or solutions will be null and void if the serial number label is missing, damaged or tampered with. The removal of “Do not remove” or “Do not break” seals and sticker will be subject to the same conditions.
6. Any products with visible sign of tampering or user induced damage of any kind will have the warranty voided immediately. The removal and replacement of factory fitted cooling options or fittings with aftermarket cooling options or fittings constitutes alteration of the product and will immediately void the warranty of the product. Visibly damaged screw points and screws that show an attempt to open or tamper with/alter a product will void the warranty of the product.
7. Products damaged or rendered inoperable through electrical damage (power surges, lighting damage and other types of electrical damage) unless otherwise specified and not protected by some form of surge protection, will be deemed to be warranty void in terms of guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the products. After market and non-approved AC/DC power adaptors will not be covered under warranty and if found to be the cause of damage to a product, will void the warranty of the product.
8. If found faulty, any component sent in will be repaired or replaced within a minimum of 48 hours owing to stock availability and reparability.
9. If a component is not found to be faulty according to the designated fault report, the component will be returned to the customer as is.
10. New Age Group takes no responsibility for the backup and or integrity of personal or company data present on ANY device or storage medium. Customers are encouraged and implored to make FULL back-ups of any data present as New Age Group will not be held liable or responsible for any loss of data on goods booked in or worked on. New Age Group will not perform any data recovery service and will not pay for such services and this will be at the full cost of the customer.
11. When products are returned for repair, please ensure the following criteria is met:
a. The unit(s) are undamaged, as we are not liable for any physical damage other than product failure.
b. There must be a detailed fault report or explanation attached to the defective item(s) to explain the problem. The more detail we are provided, the speedier the turnaround time.
c. Where possible, a copy of the invoice for the product is included as proof the unit was purchased from New Age Group.
12. Any products with an authorized repair centre within South Africa will be sent to their relevant appointed repair centres once received by New Age Group. New Age Group will make every effort to ensure that units are repaired as soon as possible and the client informed at every step of the process. Spare parts availability or the lack thereof, at non-New Agee Group repair centres, will affect the turnaround time of the repair. This process by and large is out of the control of New Age Group and we take no responsibility for delays or extensions caused by the repair centres.
13. Brand new replacements or exchanges for faulty items cannot be guaranteed. We will replace some items with refurbished replacement units where the vendor has authorized the use of refurbished units.
14. When there is a shortage on any specific item, we will swap the item with the most similar product or pass credit at the customer’s discretion. Credit will be given based on replacement cost of the same or most similar product currently sold at New Age Group.
15. If any goods are damaged or if the warranty has passed its expiration date or has been voided, customers will be liable to pay for the repair of the product
16. New Age Group will not be responsible for products returned for repair, warranty or exchange that are not collected within 3 months and uncollected repairs, warranties or exchanges will be sold after these 3 months to recoup costs.
17. A full credit on goods will only be considered if returns take place within 7 days of invoice date, provided goods are in resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging.
18. If the return of goods for credit takes place after 7 days from the date of invoice (Up to a maximum of 30 days after date of invoice), then credit will still be considered however at the lesser value of 70% of the current sale price of the product or 70% of the original purchase price, whichever is the lower, provided goods are in a resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging. The acceptance of such credit us wholly at the discretion of New Age Group.
19. No credit will be considered and under no circumstances will this stance change when a product is returned more than 7 days after date of invoice.
20. A 30% handling charge will be levied on any credits accepted that are returned without original packaging, software or manuals. Credits of this nature are wholly at the discretion of New Age Group.
21. Components/Spare Parts orders not collected after 5 days will be cancelled and returned to the supplier or sold to recoup costs.